Makes 9 treats.
- 1 stick butter
- 8 packets of powdered Genmaicha
- 1-10 oz. box whole grain brown rice cereal
- 2-10 oz. bags of marshmallows (use 2 1/2 bags for extra gooeyness)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
extra loose-leaf Genmaicha, for sprinkling on top
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows and melt everything together very slowly. When the marshmallows have melted, add the powdered tea and vanilla in and incorporate them well.
- Add the cereal to the melted marshmallow mixture. Use the rubber spatula to gently fold the marshmallow mixture in with the cereal. Transfer this to a greased 9″ square pan. Gently push the mixture into the pan and use the spatula to flatten it.
- Sprinkle some loose leaf Genmaicha on the top of the pan of rice krispy treats. Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes, then cut into squares for serving.
Also available in PDF.