Makes 1-12″ omelette.
|- 4 full sheets of nori
|- 6 eggs
|- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
|- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
|- cooking spray
10″ non-stick square pan
- Crack 2 eggs in a bowl. Add 1 tsp of soy sauce and a 1/2 tsp of sesame oil. Scramble until evenly combined.
- Mist a 10″ square non-stick pan well with cooking spray. Set atop a low-medium flame. Pour the scrambled egg mixture on the pan and roll the liquid around evenly until the entire surface is covered in egg. Let cook for about a minute until the eggs are lightly set.
- Lay a single layer of nori on the surface of the semi-cooked egg, trying to cover as much area as possible. You may need to cut one of the pieces of nori to fill in some of the surface area.
- Take the pan off the heat and onto a heat proof surface. Using a rubber spatula and your fingers, start rolling the omelette upwards, away from you, to create a tight roll, seam side down. Be careful as the egg will be hot. When you have created a roll, slide it down towards the handle of the pan.
- Spray the pan evenly with oil spray again. Now, repeat steps 1-4.
Finally, for a third time, repeat steps 1-4. Carefully remove the omelette from the heat, wait to cool slightly, then cut with a sharp knife to serve.
Click here for recipe card.