Makes 12 small sandwiches.
- 2 sheets nori
- 12 dough balls of frozen bread dough
- 1 egg, beaten wit 1 tsp of water
- 6 oz. smoked salmon
- fresh dill springs
- 5 oz. herb or shive flavored cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 lemon juiced
- black pepper, to taste
- Make the Buns. Thaw the frozen bread dough balls to room temp, then shape them into mini bun rounds. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the dough rounds on a large baking sheet lined with parchment. Use a pastry brush to paint the tops of the buns with egg wash. Place 1/2" x 2" strips of nori atop the buns in an "X" pattern. Bake the buns for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Wait to cool completely, then cut in half horizontally using a serrated knife.
- Flavor the Cream Cheese. Add the lemon juice and black pepper to the softened cream cheese and mix together thoroughly. Spread this generously on the cut sides of each split bun.
- Assemble the Sandwiches. Cut some shreds of niri atop the cream cheese on the bottom half of each bun. Place 1-2 small slices of the smoked salmon atop the nori, then top the fish with a few fresh tips of dill and the top bun. Best served immediately with generous cups of Gyokuro!
Click here for recipe card.