Matcha Pound Cake
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Yamamotoyama Unsweetened Iced Matcha Green Tea
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tsp. milk
- ½ almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and Yamamotoyama Unsweetened Iced Matcha Green Tea in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy (about 3.5 minutes). Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the extracts. Fold in the dry ingredients and the milk.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour, until the top is golden and the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a cooling rack.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract to make a glaze. Pour the glaze over the warm cake and serve.